All pupils are expected to wear full school uniform and details are given below. Where the Y Pant logo is required on the uniform, these items can only be purchased from the uniform shop.
Pupils will sometimes try to effect changes themselves so be suspicious of such phrases as: “Oh! They don’t mind if …” “Yes, it’s quite all right to wear …” “Everybody wears it …”
Limits have been set within which there is some freedom of choice. However, no extension of these limits will be accepted.
Please be aware that some stores will label items as school-wear which do not meet our standard.
IF IN DOUBT, RING THE SCHOOL.
Years 7 – 11
- Black, full length, smart trousers. No jeans, chinos, leggings, jeggings or combat style. No skin tight trousers.
- Black, knee length skirt.
- Royal blue Y Pant jumper only.
- Light blue Y Pant polo shirt or white shirt/blouse with school tie. No visible under garments.
- Black leather (or leather effect) shoes. No canvas shoes, trainers or boots. No branded shoes. (e.g. Vanns or Converse etc.)
- Outer garments: Coats or Y Pant hoodies only. No denim, leather or leather-look. No other hoodies or tracksuit tops.
- No make-up or nail varnish.
- No jewellery other than a watch and/or one pair of plain studs in the lower ear-lobe.
- No fashion accessories.
- Only natural looking hair colour and sensible hairstyles. No patterns in hair or eyebrows.
- No facial hair or tattoos.
Variation for Sixth Form:
- Navy blue Y Pant polo shirts or white shirt/blouse with 6th Form tie. Navy Y Pant jumper.
- No denim outer garments.
- One pair of plain studs.
- Plain nude-colour nail varnish. No false nails.
- Minimal and discreet make-up. No false eyelashes.
- Neatly kept and well-groomed facial hair.
Should a point of clarification be needed, the Deputy Headteacher will make the final decision upon what is and is not acceptable.
If something is not listed above then it is not school uniform.
Y PANT SCHOOL UNIFORM is available from the school shop only.