All admissions to years 7 to 11 at Y Pant must go through the local authority, Rhondda Cynon Taf. Details are available on their website. The school has no influence on whether a child is accepted – the local authority make these decisions on our behalf.
Click on the link above to visit the RCT admissions site.
Admissions into Year 7
Applications for places in year 7 for September 2017 are now open. The timeline is generally as follows:
- September – applications open for the following academic year
- Towards the end of October – applications close
- Towards the end of March – places confirmed
- Middle of May – appeals decisions made
Please also read the RCT Secondary Schools Admissions Booklet.
We work with our cluster primary schools (Llanhari, Tonysguboriau, Pontyclun, Dolau, Brynnau, Llanharan, Llantrisant and Penygawsi) throughout the year with different year groups. Once children have their places confirmed for the following September we invite all children who have been given a place to various transition events, regardless of which primary school they attend.
If you wish your child to move to Y Pant from another secondary school you must apply first to RCT. Please read the In-Year Transfer Booklet and heed the following advice:
Changing school during the school year is a serious step for your child(ren) to take. You will need to contact your local school or the School Admissions Team for advice at this time. If you decide that you would like your child to transfer from one school to another, please contact their present Head Teacher first to alert them of your decision. Should you wish to proceed with the transfer arrangements you should contact the School Admissions Team for advice in making your application to the new school.
If RCT confirm that your child has been given a place at Y Pant we will be sent information through. If you need an accelerated start date, please contact us and ask to speak to Mr J Kuck who manages admissions. The following steps will then take place:
- You and your child will be invited to a meeting with Mr Kuck to discuss any particular needs, be given a tour of the school and arrange a start date.
- You will be given some forms to fill in and bring back.
- We will contact your child’s present school to get relevant information and ensure your child is supported properly when they start with us.
RCT School Admissions Contact Details
Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council
Education and Lifelong Learning