We have a system of consequences that pupils will incur if they break the school’s code of conduct. Pupils will start afresh at the top of the ladder each term but may enter the ‘ladder’ at any step depending on the severity of the rule break. There are two levels to the system—the first a consequence level, the second an exclusion level.
- C1 – Teacher gives a verbal warning and records incident in planner.
- C2 – Teacher passes on concern to the Head of Year and gives either a written task OR a break detention.
- C3 – Head of Year will issue a lunchtime detention and record in pupil planner.
- C4 – Head of Year will issue an after school detention and record in planner.
- E1 – Pupils placed on white report and face a period of internal isolation.
- E2 – Pupils placed on green report and face a period of internal isolation.
- E3 – Pupils placed on yellow report and face a period of external exclusion.
- E4 – Pupils placed on red report and face a period of external exclusion.
Parents will be made aware of the level their child is at from the behaviour and detention track pasted into the pupil planner. At the exclusion level parents will also receive a letter and may be invited in to discuss strategies for improvement.
- Come equipped.
- Complete all work to the best of your ability.
- Complete all homework and hand it in on time.
- Do not be disruptive in lessons.
- Arrive on time for all lessons.
- Treat staff, fellow pupils and visitors with respect.
- Respect all property.
- Wear full school uniform.
- No smoking, alcohol or drugs.
- No chewing gum.
- No eating outside of the designated areas.
- Place all litter in bins.
- Do not leave the school site, or go into out of bounds areas.
- Use the schools one way system and keep right.
- Mobiles, MP3 players and other electronic devices must not be visible OR turned on unless otherwise instructed by a member of staff.
- Tippex, Aerosols, marker pens and dangerous items are not allowed.
- Foul or offensive language is not to be used in or around the school.
- School buildings MUST be vacated during break and lunch times.
- Abide by the school Internet and computer access policy.
- Black school style trousers or knees length skirts.
- Black shoes (low heels) or ankle boots. No trainers.
- Royal blue ‘V’ neck sweatshirt with Y Pant logo.
- Light blue polo shirt with Y Pant logo OR white/light blue school shirt with school tie. No visible undergarments.
- Royal blue Y Pant fleece or Y Pant hoodie – used as outer garment.
- Overcoat with no oversized or inappropriate logos. No denim, leather or leather look.
- Sixth formers may wear navy blue ‘V’ neck sweatshirt with school logo.
- No make up or nail varnish.
- No jewelery except a watch. Girls may wear one small pair of stud earrings.
- No fashion accessories.
- Only natural looking hair colour and sensible hairstyles. No patterns in eyebrows, facial hair or tattoos.
Should a point of clarification be needed, the Deputy Headteacher will make the final decision upon what is and is not acceptable.
All pupils have been issued with a Home School Contract.