Please click the image below to view this month’s e-safety newsletter.
We would like to invite the parents and carers of all year 10 students for an information evening at 6:30pm on Wednesday 8th February.
Students will be sitting a number of GCSE exams this year as well as controlled assessments. This will be an opportunity to find out more information about these. You will be able to meet with your child’s subject teachers the following week for parents evening.
This year’s message for Safer Internet Day is about images – and how these are shared online.
In order to help you have the conversation with your children about image sharing, SID2017 have provided these factsheets and conversation starters.
The digital world is constantly changing and it can be hard to keep track of what your children are up to online. These newsletters contain lots of up to date information about the latest apps and crazes with advice on how to handle them.
This is published by ParentZone (http://parentzone.org.uk/)
The #Ditto newsletter is published every few weeks and contains useful articles. Click on the images to view the newsletter.
RCT council has upgraded the online dinner money payment system.
The new system offers the following improvements :
- More user friendly look and feel
- ‘Shopping basket’ functionality giving the option to add multiple items with one payment at ‘Checkout’
- The ability to register an account to which you can save the pupil references they pay regularly
- Parents who register can also choose to save their card details
- Payment pages will re-size to display on a mobile phone or tablet
Nothing will change in terms of they we notify you of payments , you’ll continue to receive your dinner money reports as usual. Also parents can continue to use their existing reference numbers.
The web addresses are below – a link to the English site is also available on the side of the website.
- To communicate key dates throughout the year
- To inform parents of procedures and initiatives we offer
- To inform parents of the changes to GCSE examination in language and mathematics
- To provide parents with an overview of how they can assist the school and their child this year.
Reading and Numerical Procedures Tests
These will all be sat in the Sports Hall. The whole year group will sit the test at the same time. Children entitled to extra time will sit the test in a separate room.
The Reading test is 60 minutes with a 20 minute preparation period. The Numerical Procedures test is 30 minutes with a 10 minute preparation period.
The tests will be sat as follows.
|Wednesday 4th May||Lessons 1 & 2||Year 9 Procedural Numeracy|
|Wednesday 4th May||Lessons 3 & 4||Year 7 Reading|
|Wednesday 4th May||Lesson 5||Year 8 Procedural Numeracy|
|Thursday 5th May||Lessons 1 & 2||Year 9 Reading|
|Thursday 5th May||Lessons 3 & 4||Year 8 Reading|
|Thursday 5th May||Lesson 5||Year 7 Procedural Numeracy|