Autumn Term 2014
There will be a staggered start to the new school year:-
Monday September 1st - INSET for staff.
Tuesday September 2nd - Year 07 pupils arrive at 8.30 a.m.
- Year 12 pupils arrive at 10.00 a.m.
Wednesday September 3rd - All pupils arrive at 8.30 a.m.
School Term Holiday Dates for 2014/ 2015
|TERM BEGINS||HALF TERM STARTS||HALF TERM ENDS||TERM ENDS|
MAY DAY BANK HOLIDAY – MONDAY 4th MAY 2015
Monday 20th July will be an INSET Day. The dates of other INSET days will be finalised in the Autumn Term.
Our Eisteddfod took place on Wednesday 2nd July p1-4 for years 07 and 08.
Our annual Activities Day will take place on Tuesday 15th July 2014. Many off-site visits have been arranged as well as school-based events.
Y Pant’s second School Fete will be held on Saturday 12th July. All are welcome.
We will be open for examination results from 9.00 a.m. on the following dates:-
A/AS levels : Thursday August 14th .
G.C.S.E. : Thursday August 21st.
At the end of this academic year, we will have said farewell to the following colleagues, and extend to them our congratulations and best wishes-
- Mrs. Sam Shantry, teacher of Mathematics, will be leaving us at the end of term after being with us for the past 4 years.
- Mrs. Karine Dubois-Jones, temporary teacher of French, will be leaving towards the end of this academic year.
- Mr. Tom Derham, ICT Technician, left us at the beginning of July to commence his new position for a company in Bridgend.
- Mrs. Kath Davey (ICT) left us on 16th June and Mrs. Ele Jones (English), and Miss Charlene Williams (Mathematics) will also be leaving us at the end of the academic year, on a temporary basis, to commence their maternity leave.
There will be several new staff members as at September 2014:-
|Miss Emily Whatley||2nd in Mathematics|
|Mrs Lorna Cranstone||Teacher of Mathematics|
|Mr. Craig Beckett||Teacher of Design Technology|
|Ms Sarah Owen||P/T Teacher of Mathematics|
|Ms Rachel Banner||Teacher of English (maternity cover)|
|Miss Beth Pretty||Teacher of Mathematics (maternity cover)|
|Mr. James Jones||Teacher of ICT (maternity cover)|
|Miss Lucy Bunce||Seconded to the Senior Leadership Team during the Summer Term 2014.|
Heads of Year and Assistant Head of Year Staff Members
Head of Year 07 Mrs. Johns Assistant Head of Year 07 Mrs. Davies
Head of Year 08 Mrs. Burnell Assistant Head of Year 08 Mr. Browne
Head of Year 09 Miss Owen Assistant Head of Year 09 Dr. Jones
Head of Year 10 Mrs. Arnold Assistant Head of Year 10 Mrs. Davey
Head of Year 11 Mrs. Mortimer Assistant Head of Year 11 Mrs. Lloyd
Head of Year 12/13 Mrs. Nowell-Hughes Assistant Head of Year 12/13 Miss Purcell
Your child’s annual school report will be issued on Friday 18th July 2014. If you would prefer to receive end of year information through the post, then please forward:-
- an A4 self addressed envelope with £1.06 postage attached per report and
- an A4 self addressed envelope with a first class stamp attached for examination results.
The Purchase of School Uniform
Uniform may be purchased from the uniform classroom, which is room 28, (not the Gymnasium) on the following dates:
- Monday 14th July – 5pm-8pm
- Tuesday 15th July – 5pm -8pm
- Wednesday 16th July – 5pm -8pm
- Thursday 17th July - 5pm – 8pm
The uniform shop will also be open certain dates late August and an extra night during the first week in September. These dates will be relayed via Parent Mail and the website shortly.
A reminder that all pupils are expected to return to school in full school uniform. Any pupils reporting for school in September without full uniform risk being sent home to change. Please check PLKs or the school website for details of the school uniform.
End of Term
School will finish for pupils on Friday 18th July 2013 at 12.30 p.m.
I hope you will have an enjoyable Summer holiday.
Mr M Powell